The Window Energy Rating Scheme (WERS) rates and labels window products for their annual energy impact on a whole house, in any climate in Australia.
WERS helps people accurately and confidently compare energy implications of window film. The system is independent of any one manufacturer and acts as a fair, rigorous and credible system for testing the performance claims of various products.
Star ratings for heating and cooling are given to each film. Like the energy star system used for whitegoods, the more stars the greater the efficiency of the product.
WERS conforms to the alternative solution path for energy efficiency within the Building Code of Australia and is endorsed by the Department of Climate Change and Energy Efficiency and the Association of Building Sustainability Assessors.
The Australian Greenhouse Office helped underwrite WERS as part of its commitment to improving energy efficiency and reducing greenhouse gas emissions from the built environment.
Andrew Booth from All About Window Tinting is an accredited WERS for Film installer.
Share this page:
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)